Our favourite summer roast chicken supper by take away!
Anybody else just LOVE roast chicken? All crispy skin & juicy flesh? Maybe a bit spicy? A piri-piri roast chicken? Or garlic, lemon and herbs roast chicken? We do!
This got me to thinking – one of our favourite family suppers is roast chicken (one of the above variants), bread – probably a crusty ciabatta loaf or baguette, and salad – could be any kind of salad from lentils, to couscous, Greek or crunchy coleslaw etc So why don’t we offer our favourite roast chicken supper as a takeaway on a Friday night?
Each week I’ll post the menu here and on facebook , orders can be placed by phone or email by the preceding Thursday. EASY PEASY LEMON SQUEASY. Or should I say WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!
So here’s your Chicken/Bread/Salad menu, for September 25th
Choose your chicken:
- The Mustard Seed – hot roast chicken, rubbed with our special house seasoning
- The Ottolenghi – roasted with lemons, onions, sumac and za’atar
Choose your size:
- Small – medium – feeds 2-3, comes with 1 salad and bread = £15
- Medium – large – feeds 4-5, comes with 2 salads and bread = £20
Choose your salad(s):
- Tabbouleh – bulghur wheat and parsley salad with tomatoes, mint and pomegranate
- Carrot, chickpea and almond salad – with a coriander, lemon & smoked paprika dressing
Either salad could be replaced with a plain…
- Classic mixed salad – leaves, cucumber, tomato, pepper, cress
This menu is “collect only” so we will agree a time slot, and deliver to your car, in take away containers, at Mustard Seed, on the agreed date. When ordering please state your preferred time (on the quarter hour between 6.00p.m. and 8.00p.m). Orders can be placed by telephone or email – details below. Email orders preferred! Please advise of any allergies.
Terms: Fully payable up front, by BACS transfer or Paypal. Please confirm order and payment by 12 noon the day before.
1 hunters chase, ongar, cm5 9dq
Thank you for a gorgeous dinner. The chicken deserves a special mention – perfectly cooked. A wonderful experience and much appreciated. Friendly service and a very cosy, homely atmosphere. Exceeded expectations!